August 21, 2011

Home Again



I'm Home!


Coming home from vacation is never fun, especially when you have a crazy early flight home. But I am so happy to sleep in my own bed again (ever notice that despite how extremely comfortable your hotel bed is, you can't ever wait to get back to your own?). I also had a little birthday party today with my family - because I turned eighteen while in Puerto Rico! - and I have lots of packing for SMC to get to.

And now, all about Puerto Rico! I had such a good vacation. It was soo extremely relaxing & I had so much fun with my family. It was some great quality time before my brother & I head off to college (we're twins! and he's off to NYU). We stayed at this crazy nice resort, El Conquistador. THE PLACE WAS HUGE! The hotel even has its own private island where guests can go to the beach! (side note, the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie that came out in May was filmed there! Crazy, right?). So without further adieu, PICTURES!



 
The view from our hotel room! It was so beautiful there - right on the ocean with lots of big palm trees, super green plants, & bright flowers. And the weather was beautiful!










This is the main part of the hotel. It pretty much includes the lobby & pool area & the main hotel rooms. There were also lots of multi-room houses & suites, a marina, a spa, about a dozen different restaurants, and a huge golf course.
Biggest. Hotel. Ever.


There was also lots more that we did in Puerto Rico, but my computer is being really ridiculously weird.

So now, I only have a few days to pack before I need to be at Saint Mike's! Feel free to tweet me to ask all about my transition into college!