November 18, 2012

Hiking Mt. Philo

Happy Monday! This week we have just two days of classes then we're off for Thanksgiving break! I haven't been home since August so I'm so excited to see my family!

This weekend my friends decided to go on a hike to Mt. Philo. I love hiking and grew up camping with my family, but I haven'y actually hiked since I got to Saint Mike's. Although I hear amazing things about the Wilderness Club (like hikes, ski lessons, and more for just $5!) I haven't taken the time yet to actually go on an adventure.

With finals approaching and huge projects and papers stressing me out, this hike could not have come at a better time!

My friends Lindy and Sarah planned the hike for us; it was a short, 20-30 minute hike but it was about a 30 minute drive from campus. Eight of us went in total (me, my roomie Cait, my friends Emma & Merrill, Sarah & her roommate Cara, Lindy & our friend Lauren). We went to a breakfast at around 9:15 and left for the mountain at 9:45.

The whole gang!


The hike was awesome! It was a beautiful day, a little chilly but super sunny. We all packed some snacks, so at the top of the mountain we had a mini picnic. Lindy also brought some frisbees so we played some games and chilled out for a while.

Made it to the top!


It was so relaxing to get out and into the woods for a while. I had so much fun with my girls and it was honestly the best time I've had in a while. It's a getting a little too cold for hiking, but we've all agreed that we'd love to go again in the Spring and we all plan to ski this winter ($30 season pass to Smugg's through the Wilderness Club!).

Beautiful view atop Mt. Philo!


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving - don't hesitate to ask me any questions via email!

No comments:

Post a Comment