November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving & Being Thankful

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break - we had an entire week off this year & I spent almost all of it at home, relaxing & visiting with my family. I also got to see some friends from home & I toured a few grad schools in Boston.


Apologies for my bad cropping job - just love this picture!


I just thought I'd reflect on what I'm thankful for this year. Although it's been a busy & difficult semester - there are a lot of things for which I'm grateful!

Family & Friends
Seriously, this one almost goes without saying. I've had a crazy stressful semester, with lots of schoolwork but also a lot to do in applying to grad school. I'm always so pleasant when I'm stressed - sometimes I get moody. My family & my friends have been awesome. They've really supported me all semester, kept me motivated & focused, & also helped me relax & have fun when the stress was too much. Besides all that, my parents, my brother, & my housemates are some of my best friends & I don't know what I'd do without them.

Saint Mike's
A few times this semester I've felt like I've been ready to graduate. Then I remember all that I'll be leaving behind come May & I can't imagine ever being ready for that! I've loved Saint Mike's since the day I toured & I'm so lucky to be here. I've really been able to find myself & discover my passions while at Saint Mike's. Plus, my professors are incredible. Supportive, smart, funny, caring, & truly interested in how I'm doing.

Study Abroad
My semester abroad last spring was incredible. Honestly, I still can't believe it all happened. I got to live in Dublin, Ireland, study at Trinity College Dublin, & travel across Europe for 5 months. I met some awesome people & saw incredible sights. I've learned so much about the world & I have so much more confidence now that I know I can survive in a place where I do not speak the language (particularly in Italy, Spain, France, Denmark, the Netherlands, & Poland). It was really a once in a lifetime experience.

Feel free to email with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment