April 5, 2012

Absolutely Wonderful, Amazing Things


Happy Thursday!


Since tomorrow is Good Friday, today is our last day of classes this week (one of the perks of going to a Catholic school...getting the Friday before & the Monday after Easter off from classes). I'm just excited to go home & see my family. ALSO my roommate, Lhanzi, is coming home with me for a day or so before visiting her friend in Boston so we should have soo much fun!


SO I have had quite a few absolutely fabulous days lately. First, about two weeks ago, Saint Mike's had their annual spring concert. Our school does a great job of getting some fairly big bands (for such a small school, I'm impressed!). Last year we had Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, but this year we had Jay Sean!

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect from the concert. I really only knew his song 'Down' but since the concert was free, I just couldn't turn it down! My friends and I ended up being in the front row  and the show was AMAZING!




We were so close!


There were also performances by Jacob Es (a UVM student) and J Boog. Check out some of their songs on Youtube here and here. I was just so impressed by these two groups!


My second, even more amazing day came last Friday when President Obama came to Burlington. As a lot of my friends know, I definitely love and support Obama. I was unable to get tickets to his speech at UVM, and I was pretty bummed that I wouldn't get a chance to see him in person.


Then, in the afternoon I saw a bunch of people congregating by the road just outside of campus and heard rumors that Obama was coming by on his way to the airport. Then, when Obama's car drove by, in between the state troopers, police motorcycles, and big trucks full of secret service men holding rather large guns, Obama looked out the window and waved at all of us.  Am I maybe a little too excited to have seen the President in a car, through thick, tinted, bullet-proof windows? Probably, but regardless of whether or not you support him, it was just exciting to see the President of the United States.


Some great photos of Obama by Founders at SMC.



...and my photo of Obama - I got a little overexcited.



Finally, my last recent wonderful day came on Tuesday because I got a wonderful care package & it was free cone day at Ben & Jerry's! The package was from my Aunt & Uncle and it was probably the best care package ever in the world - it had cookies, a cute little notepad, pop rocks, granola, fruit snacks, and glow sticks. It was such a surprise and totally made my week! That evening my friend Merrill & I (check out her new SMC blog!) went into Burlington for free cone day! This happens once a year - Ben & Jerry's everywhere gives a free small ice cream to anyone who comes by!


HUGE line outside the Ben & Jerry's store.




And so, that ends my amazing few weeks. Hope you all have a lovely Easter! Email me with any questions you have about Saint Mike's!

1 comment:

  1. LOL The dairy queen where i live had free cone day to! The line was to the road! I hope you had a great good friday! and its soo cool about obama!


    http://fmlmz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete