April 23, 2012

Fall Class Schedule


Three weeks and the semester is over! Ahh, craziness! Right now I'm a bit swamped with work, but it's all okay since summer vacation officially starts May 10!

A few weeks ago we all picked our classes for the upcoming fall semester and I GOT INTO ALL MY CLASSES! This is truly a miracle because it's the first time I've gotten all four classes that I tried for. And so my next semester's schedule is:

-Managerial Accounting:
 Tues/Thurs, 3:00 - 4:35 with Professor Doyon

This semester my learning style didn't match too well with my accounting professor and I ended up dropping the class. I've heard great things about this professor and he seems energetic and  hilariously passionate about accounting. This class will count towards my business minor.

-Introduction to Philosophy:
 Mon/Wed/Fri, 8:30 - 9:35 with Professor L'Hote

I have work study in the Academic Affairs office, so I work in some of the deans' offices. My work study boss and one of the deans helped me pick my classes for next semester and assured me that this professor is absolutely amazing! This class will fulfill an LSR, a liberal studies requirement.

-General Psychology:
 Mon/Wed/Fri, 9:45 - 10:50 with Professor Adams

This introductory class is taught by the psychology department head. I didn't get into this class during registration, but the professor was great about helping me petition into his class. I was able to get in the day after registration. This class will count towards my psychology major.

-Research Methods I:
 Mon/Wed/Fri, 11:00 - 12:05 with Professor Boynton

This is a statistics class and is another class that I didn't get into during registration. Since General Psychology is a pre-requisite, I had to wait until after registration to see if there were any open spots for me in the class. The professor was incredibly accommodating and let me take the class even though I didn't have the pre-requisite and the class was full. The professor helped me get into the class the day after registration. This class will count towards my psychology major.



I couldn't be more thrilled with all of my classes! All of my professors seem amazing and the classes themselves are really interesting to me.


 Also, I've blogged before about 'Horses and Healing', my First Year Seminar class last semester in which my class volunteered at a therapeutic horseback riding farm once a week. For next semester's 'Horses and Healing' class, my friend Merrill and I were chosen to be Teaching Assistants, meaning we'll help out once a week during trips to the farm. I'm so happy!


So many amazing things have been happening to me lately! Despite all the stress of finals, I can't help but feel so blessed! I have so much more to share; be on the look out for many more blog posts coming soon!

Ask me anything on Twitter! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment